Saturday 28 April 2012

4th Swiss Regiment.

Here is a battalion of the 4th Swiss regiment resplendent in red uniforms with blue facings. What I like about this scale is that stepping back a little they appear to blend well with the mass of blue uniforms to become just another line battalion. You can see I have started to replace the rear numeral with a letter denoting unit quality ( R T or V, with the addition of E for elite) and a skirmish value figure (sk1 or sk2). I have now decided to add a printed label beneath each base with the name/number of the battalion etc and any other info.

I also re worked my first 'woods' base, reducing the size slightly and re-positioning the trees as the circle of trees previously did not look right to me. I built up the foliage slightly by adding further lumps of the clump foliage I use to make them. The  free standing  trees on the coin bases improve the overall effect when the woods are not occupied.

Later today my wife and 2 youngest daughters are off out to pick up our newest family members, 2 tabby kittens. We lost one of our old cats recently and the other is now 16 years old and looking frail. I'm sure all hell will break lose once they are home (we also have an 8 year old Golden Retriever who is going to get a bit of a shock with the new arrivals!) I'm going to make the most of the peace and quiet this afternoon by laying out some terrain and taking a few photos of the armies so far under decent lighting. I'll post them later if I get time. My wife has told me not to leave any figures lying around once the kittens are let loose, and I think she might be right!

Thanks for all the comments so far, nice to get some feedback on the 'Polemos' rules (I will reply to the latest comments shortly). Any further comments on Polemos or indeed other 6mm suitable rules are especially welcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.