Sunday 23 December 2012

Seasons Greetings.

I'd like to wish everybody out there in blog land a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This past year seems to have flown by and I have pretty much achieved all of my objectives on the figure painting / wargaming front. On the personal front I believe myself to be a changed man from just 12 months ago, having gradually emerged from the dark shadows of chronic depressive illness. I won't be going back there again anytime soon, at least not so long as I have any control over it. With luck the coming year will see further progress and I can finally begin to lead a normal life again, much to look forward to.

On to Moscow.
So, after much thought I have decided on my new project to follow my ECW's which is not far from completion. Actually I was torn between two options, the first being the Zulu war, something I have always wanted to do, and Russian Napoleonics. I have decided now that with the imminent release of the Command & Colours Russian Expansion  I'm going to do this one first. A bit of research on the C&C sites should give me the numbers I require for the Russians, indeed I believe that Conrad Kinch has already posted on the subject on his blog, so that will make a good starting point. All figures will of course be by Baccus as usual. This will also retain the Napoleonic focus of this blog, which is as I would prefer it.


I'll leave you with a tune by Mark Knopfler which has a nice sort of period flavour to it, and wish you all the very best for the year ahead.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your achievements this year on all fronts - I have found your blogging quite inspiring. Good luck with the upcoming Napoleonic Russian project. I'm nearly finished painting mine(from Baccus) and the figures are really nice.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Lee and all the very best for the New Year. It's been a pleasure keeping up with projects this year and I look forward to seeing your planned Ruski expansion.

    All the best mate,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.